What do I need?

jessie83

What you will need will depend on what you want to do.

There are many choices for salt water tanks there is fish only (FO), fish only with live rock (FOWLR), and reef. Once you decide what one want you will need do decide bare bottom (BB), sand, or crushed coral (I would go with sand or bare bottom).

If you want to go with a reef tank you will need the have power compact, t5 or metal halide lights for you lighting. You will also need to know if you want to have a HOB filter of a sump and over flow (I would suggest going with a sump and over flow), you should also look in to getting a protein skimmer.

Once you have all of this you will need to have some live rock (again depends what you want for you tank) I would say .5-2 Lbs/G.

I would want sand and live coral & fish !

Do I have to have any special equipment for that setup!

I will set it up in a 25 Gallon!

Ok for that Set up, you should go on nano-reef.com and look up a DIY AC500 fuge for your mane filter, you will also need to have a HOB skimmer. For you lighting a 75 or 150 watt MH pedant will be good for any type of coral you want, just get a K or K bulb. You will also need one or two good power heads for flow, I would go with a Seio or a Tunze.

I hope this helps.

I changed my mind I want to have seahorses and I have been reading on them and some people have said that fake coral (with good hicthing posts) & pebbles & fake plants are good! I was told to get a slow flowing filter ( something that does not have bubbles & strong currents) and a portein skimmer! What brand & kind do you guys recommend!