Fungus, what do I do?

Webbed toes

I recently discovered my Betta was covered in fungus. It seemed to happen overnight! I bought some fungus cure tablets made by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, however by the time I got them home the little guy didn't make it. My problem is now that I had him in a 2 gallon tank with an aquatic frog (both were bought at the same time about a month ago). The frog seems fine, but Im wondering if I need to do anything else except change the water. Do I put the fungus tablets in the water as a precaution? Im quite new at this and have started a bigger 20 gallon tank. Nothing in it yet (its early in its cycle), but I'd like to know what to do if this happens in there. Any fungus advice would be appreciated!

if the frog looks ok don't use the medicine. Just do lots of water changes and keep the water clean.

You won't get fungus if you have good water quality. Do you have tests to measure the ammonia,nitrites and nitrates? How often are you chaning the water? I usually do about 30% a week in my tanks, more if the tank is heavily stocked.