Betta Channoides and Chocolate gouramis

DJay

Hi All,

A while back I followed a few posts about WT bettas and saw that some people were looking for Betta channoides. I thought I'd give you the heads up that BA's Edmonton had some in when I was there today. They weren't for sale yet and to be honest I only saw one in the tank (but there was a lot of cover), but the one individual I did see looked in decent shape. The price on the tank was $90 a pair.

In addition, they had in a bunch of great looking chocolate gouramis. These weren't the "common" variety either (if you can ever call chocolate gouramis common) but were the Sphaerichthys vaillanti species (the Sphaerichthys osphromenoides species are usually seen more often). Anyway, chocolate gouramis are usually pretty sensitive but these looked in good shape. Like some of the bettas, chocolate gouramis are mouthbrooders too. I kept the S. osphromenoides variety a number of years ago and had them spawn (saw the female with a throatful of eggs) but never got any actual fry from them. I might have to try this species!

If you're registered on Practical Fishkeeping, there is an article about them here http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...?article_id=322

Hope this interests someone,

DJay