Lighting newb-can u help?

sharuq1

I have been tossing around the idea of turning my 33g salt, but I haven't got the lighting for what I want. If I do go the distance I want to be able to put in pretty much any coral I want, so I don't want to do this wrong and have to spend more money to fix it later.

Does anyone know of a good lighting system that comes complete (ie. I don't have to put it together)? Like for eg. 2 actinincs and a halide, or a bar full of t5's with individual reflectors and a good ballast?? Throw me some links, ideas or tell me what you would do.

Thx ppl!!!

Get ahold of fishytime, he has built an awesome looking hood for his frag tank. Is going to be selling them as units after a little more testing I think. Whatever you do, don't put plant grow lights over the tank. I did that on my extra tank in the basement. I haven't looked at it for a couple days was just down there and it is turning pretty green, oh well. I'm going to play with DIY led's over the winter. Have a store bought led fixture coming home today, will try it out see what it's like.

HTH,

Brad