please help

cichlidkid

I just noticed that my festae is keping one of her pelvic finns up. it looks torn and I cant see if i is a defective dwarfed gimped fin or if it is just wounded. She came from the petstore kinda torn up. what would this be???

the spine things of the fin seem to be clamped together making me think it is a birth defect. I will try to post a pic but please reply fast. riverfront doesnt have a very long return polocy

Persoanl choice. If you do not want to remidy the situation - return it.

A.K.A. - PHYSICAL DAMAGE.

The fin may grow back the damaged tissue. ... or develop worse.

Only you can make the decision.

HTH

Smokey

It could grow back if its damaged, worse thing that will happen is that it will be oddly shaped, but thats about all.

Now clamped fins USUALLY means disease, so what might look torn may actually be somthing like fin and tail rot, when fish get this they will often still eat (unless it progresses to an extreme degree) and will have clamped fins, ill give you the best pic i cant find of fin and tail rot and you can judge for yourself and if it its disease it will grow back, after medication.

Ok this is far gone, as you can see because the fins are totally gone and the fish are dead, but look at the lil bits of fins that are left, they look cloudy with blood in them, thats what youll need to look for in th early stages, oh btw this is caused by bad water conditions.

dis-finrot.jpg

never mind she was just beat up. I put in some melafix and squeezed a bit of my own aloe yesterday. now her pelvic fin is dropped like normal and it is just a bit tattered

Edited by cichlidkid