Advertisng Links/Banners

Hey, just wondering what the regs/rules are here with regards to having small/discreet (under 10K) advertising banners in your sig line?

I see that Jay advertises a link for Gold's, as does Albert yet I see nothing from Chums or Majestic Aquariums?

This is JMHO, but I think if 'members' are allowed to run banners (such as Freshmike's), then so should retail establishments be allowed, especially those that are offering up free items for promos such as MOTM.

Or am I missing something?

You mean you didn't bribe Jay? :D

Ok, just curious as I think some of these retailers (including yourself) might be better served with a small banner in your sig lines. An html link is nice, but not nearly as effective as an eye catching banner. (within reason so as not to cause epeleptic fits) ;)

I might be looking to add one myself in the near future & I was just wondering what the regs were. If there aren't any, then I guess problem solved.

Edited by RD.

Rules of the Terms of Service; by INVISIONFREE.

QUOTE-

3.5 Advertising Content:

You may not place the following forms of advertising on your board (an exception is granted to boards that have purchased ad removal): (a) Content-targeted Advertising; (B) Text-based Advertising; © Pop-ups for downloads or that interfere with navigation of the board.

HTH

Smokey

Aaaah, I see, thanks Smokey.

So according to that, wouldn't text based HTML links be considered a no-no?

such as:

Make sure you check out Golds Aquariums Online for the very best in fish and supplies.

Not trying to pick on Albert, I just want to make sure I'm clear on the rules.

Edited by RD.

Good question RD.

Hmmm .. If I were to say_ Petxxxxx was the best place in town to buy fish. that must just be my personal opinon {?].

As apposed to being paid/gifted to say the same .

A thin line for sure.

However; by the rules of the "PROVIDER" _ they can shut down this board, at any time they wish to.

The GOLDEN RULE .. He who has the gold "RULES". :banned:

HTH

Smokey