River Tank Dithers

Slough Shark

I can't decide what kind of dithers to put in my 30 Gallon River Loach tank. Right now I have Zebra Danios, but they are not spectacular enough for my liking, I am throwing around the idea of having a school of White Clouds with one Ryukin Goldfish, though I'm not sure if it's near useless fins can handle the water flow.

Or else maybe a school of tiger barbs? The tank is cold water and will have high flow and filtration. I will add a group of Sucker-belly type hillstream Loaches to go with the Weather Loach, Chinese Weather Loach and the Schistura sp. I already have.

Any ideas?

Taylor

Thanks for the ideas guys,

I am leaning towards the White Cloud Mountain Minnows (WCMM). I have seen the Celestial Pearl Danios, they are nice, but they just weren't too appealing to me.

So I will probably add a fairly large school of WCMM and a Ryukin Goldfish, or if I decide I am unimpressed with the Goldfish, I may just give him to the neighbors for their pond and add a school of Pearl or Leopard Danios to the WCMM.

Thanks guys, this will be a pretty wicked tank when it's done!

Taylor

Yessir I am. Specifically for the Hillie Loaches- the primary inhabitants of the tank. That's why I wasn't sure about adding the Ryukin, his showy fins might not be enough to alow him the right speed in that tank. But I was thinking of substituting the Ryukin with a Red-tail Shark- better candidate IMO. Stays smaller than Ryukin, adapted to fast flow, can stand the 23 C and below temperature, much better I think.

I'm adding two powerheads with sponges underneath, plus the two AC 70s I already have on the tank and I will also be adding some hardy plants and an air pump. Very high oxygen and water flow, wasn't joking when I said that lol!