looks like snow on my fish

candyscrazyideas

well I looked in m tank today and I'm noticeing alot less fish and 1 of my fish has this stuff all aver it that looks like snow what is it I'v dealt with ick before and this doesn't look like ick it's like white cotton all ocer his fins and his tail looks like crap and it's on his boddy as well if any one know what it is and what should i thanks and it looks like so far it's only getting my guppies

Edited by candyscrazyideas

and this doesn't look like ick it's like white cotton all ocer his fins and his tail looks like crap and it's on his boddy

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/info...ases.htm#Fungus

Fungus (Saprolegnia)

IF you go to your LFS, ask for a treatment for this particular dieases they will point you in the right direction. Good luck...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a similar "cotton-like" substance on my danios and I think it is not fungal, but bacterial. See this article: http://www.flippersandfins.net/Flexibacter.htm

I am treating with Maracyn-two and have seen some slight improvement....early in the treatment though.

Maybe this helps you out? :unsure:

Update:

I switched treatment of my danios to kanamycin. They are just finishing their third and final dose (according to directions on the label) and they look really good. Very active and eating well. They should be ready to go back into their regular tank by tomorrow. :thumbs: