Paradise Fish

Slough Shark

Nope, All the Petlands this side of BC are owned by a dude in Manitoba and the PJ's are own by two dudes in Toronto who's names happen to be Peter and John.

Incorrect. All of the Petlands in Alberta (save Lethbridge and Medicine Hat), Saskatchewan and Manitoba, as well as a couple in BC, are owned by Petland Superstores, which is based in Calgary, and has Bob Doerkson at its head (Hagen has a percentage ownership in the chain as well). I believe that Hagen now has a controlling percentage in PJ's, which was a part of the PJ's/Superpet chain, the latter half of which was sold by Hagen to Petsmart earlier this year (Pets Unlimited on the East coast is also mixed into this group of shops, but has been retained).

Nope, All the Petlands this side of BC are owned by a dude in Manitoba and the PJ's are own by two dudes in Toronto who's names happen to be Peter and John.

Incorrect. All of the Petlands in Alberta (save Lethbridge and Medicine Hat), Saskatchewan and Manitoba, as well as a couple in BC, are owned by Petland Superstores, which is based in Calgary, and has Bob Doerkson at its head (Hagen has a percentage ownership in the chain as well). I believe that Hagen now has a controlling percentage in PJ's, which was a part of the PJ's/Superpet chain, the latter half of which was sold by Hagen to Petsmart earlier this year (Pets Unlimited on the East coast is also mixed into this group of shops, but has been retained).

Robert and Barbara Brissette own Petland Canada which includes all the Petlands this side of BC, they live in Manitoba. The BC stores are franchise stores responsible to the Brissettes. The office in Calgary is Petland Alberta's head office, it is not the head office of Petland Canada. The only controlling percentage Hagen has in Petland Alberta is their yet-to-be-paid-for products. If Hagen had as much control as the rumors have lead you to believe, Cichlid would not have grown as big as they have since taking on Petland as an account.

PJ's Pet Centres is a privately own company; by (P)eter Marrol with 19 Stores across Canada. They have a sister company called Pets Unlimited. The SuperPet stores were owned by the other half of PJ's, (J)ohn Jewls and are now Petsmarts. Superpet is not and never has been PJ's, but is a company created by John Jewls after splitting from the PJ's.

Not trying to hijack this thread, so this is my last comment here about this subject. If you'd like to continue this else where, pm me and I give you Rob and John's email address so you can confirm my information.

Edited by Willfishguy

Robert and Barbara Brissette own Petland Canada which includes all the Petlands this side of BC, they live in Manitoba.

Incorrect, they own the name...all the prairie Petlands (again, save Lerhbridge and Medicine Hat) are owned by a single franchisee...Petland Calgary (aka Petland Superstores)...they pay franchise fees and a percentage to the Canadian office, but that is it.

The only controlling percentage Hagen has in Petland Alberta is their yet-to-be-paid-for products.

Not controlling, but they own a hefty percentage, from leverage the franchisee needed for expansion.

If Hagen had as much control as the rumors have lead you to believe, Cichlid would not have grown as big as they have since taking on Petland as an account.

1) Not rumours...I play cards with Dieter; 2) They do not want that much control...stores that sell only one brand do poorly.

PJ's Pet Centres is a privately own company; by (P)eter Marrol with 19 Stores across Canada. They have a sister company called Pets Unlimited. The SuperPet stores were owned by the other half of PJ's, (J)ohn Jewls and are now Petsmarts. Superpet is not and never has been PJ's, but is a company created by John Jewls after splitting from the PJ's.

Funny...even the trade pubs state that Hagen owned Superpet...I guess that they have no idea what they are talking about....good thing you do.

Robert and Barbara Brissette own Petland Canada which includes all the Petlands this side of BC, they live in Manitoba.

Incorrect, they own the name...all the prairie Petlands (again, save Lerhbridge and Medicine Hat) are owned by a single franchisee...Petland Calgary (aka Petland Superstores)...they pay franchise fees and a percentage to the Canadian office, but that is it.

The only controlling percentage Hagen has in Petland Alberta is their yet-to-be-paid-for products.

Not controlling, but they own a hefty percentage, from leverage the franchisee needed for expansion.

If Hagen had as much control as the rumors have lead you to believe, Cichlid would not have grown as big as they have since taking on Petland as an account.

1) Not rumours...I play cards with Dieter; 2) They do not want that much control...stores that sell only one brand do poorly.

Funny...even the trade pubs state that Hagen owned Superpet...I guess that they have no idea what they are talking about....good thing you do.

I'm wrong, my bad.