Male bristlenose

Chopperman

I have a 3 inch male bristlenose, I noticed tonight that on his gills and surrounding area he has white on him. It looks like overspray if someone was to spray paint....not thick kinda sparse but still there. the water water quality is good. I change weekly 25% has anyone seen this? only fish in tank are 6 inch syno eupterus 3- 4 inch clowns at the moment. he has bogwood and gets hikari wafers in a well established tank. If youve seen the same symptons or have any suggestions please help. He's very photogenic. lol

post-870-1196912105_thumb.jpg

post-870-1196912123_thumb.jpg

post-870-1196912144_thumb.jpg

post-870-1196912180_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chopperman

I agree with snaggle and their treatment. Hows the water quality/excess uneaten food situation? Do you hydro vac the gravel every week? Cause plecos and cats like synos are big time waste makers. I'm thinking that because all the fish in this tank are bottom feeders, so to speak, that there is an abundance of waste in the gravel. Also, both the eupterus and the pleco are very territorial and they will scrap each other for the best space. And there is no way a bushynose of that size will win against a 6" eupterus. So, those could be battle wounds and the fungus is eating the dead flesh. Fungus that is prolific because of the excess waste in the gravel. With a cat tank do atleast 50% water changes and hydro vac atleast once every two weeks.

sorry for my absence. it has cleared up to the point its not there anymore, hes hiding in his bogwood at the moment. I dont really have a qt tank going right now, just my lab fry tank. I do gravel vac every wc weekly. I havent yet treated thenk tank but im observing it closely. and will do a wc tonight.

He actually is looking very good now. There is no sign of white anymore. Im at a loss I dont know what it could have been, I didnt really do anything ouit of the ordinary other than a wc. maybe it was time and he was telling me get your butt in gear and change this water. Thanx for the posts