Babies ******DORSENGERS*****(finally remembered)

Qattarra

I've been doing the tank ballet a couple tanks at a time. (Moving inhabitants from one to another). I'm going to take down a 25 in order to put up the 77 gal. I have the 4 little cichlids that I got from Natures Corner store moved from a 10gal. to a 25. I set it up with piled flat slate like stones. No plants or other decor. This set up worked very well for the convicts. Well it is working very well for these guys too as I now have a huge cloud of them :D TeeHee ! -ham- -ham- -ham- Now I know your asking, "but what are they?". I'm obviously on too may drugs as my brain is not working lol I'm hoping Nick or Henry will remind me what my little treasures are lol. I was MOTM in March and I know I posted what I bought with my cert. at that time but I can't find the post :(

By the way Dean , I set up the 65 with GTs , firemouths and my uaru. I put my female dovii in there too, to see if she'd be ok . She is out all the time !!!! She seams to love having a queendom to rule over . She's still at 6-7 inches and so far hasn't been aggressive just imposing. I'll be watching her carefully to keep everyone safe and when it's time she'll be back on her own or with her own kind. For now it's working out great . :smokey:

Edited by Qattarra

Here it is Sue, They are laetacara dorsigeras

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=12578&hl=

By the way Dean , I set up the 65 with GTs , firemouths and my uaru. I put my female dovii in there too, to see if she'd be ok . She is out all the time !!!! She seams to love having a queendom to rule over . She's still at 6-7 inches and so far hasn't been aggressive just imposing. I'll be watching her carefully to keep everyone safe and when it's time she'll be back on her own or with her own kind. For now it's working out great . :smokey:

That's great Sue. I put a little 2" female con in my 125 with three tinfoils and my female dovii. It didn't take long for the con to start showing some rough finnage. Yesterday I noticed that her tail fins and caudal peduncle are chewed. I think the dovii caught her and had the back cm or so of her in its mouth for awhile before finally giving up. I've spent too much time trying to catch the convict the past day or so in the evenings, but I have way too much structure in there. I'm going to have to dismantle that whole tank to get it out. :( I'm not impressed about the situation, but I am stuck trying to get the 230 set up for the FishFarm order. I'm going to go back upstairs right away and try again though. I bet your dovii will be good with similarly sized fish...at least until she has a mate.

Congrats on the spawn btw. :)