FishFarm Group Order

Albertan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin' good Denis. Fat bellies and they're crapping in most of the pics...that's how you get them to grow. :thumbs: Whats the water temp on that tank? The motas are coloring up and growing too. Not quite as fast as the loiselli though. I'll post some pictures up later tonight once I get the kids to bed and watch Lost.

Edited by Albertan

That tank is at 79.7 degrees, I find that keeping the water around 80 all the time keeps them from getting "ick" and it seems

all it takes is a water change a couple degrees cooler to make em breed like rabbits!

• 3 weeks later...

Parachromis dovii Update

Apparently my hunt for a breeding pair of dovii is over. The female and second dominant male bred over the weekend and this is what I came home to after getting back from a hockey tournament...

256654398_ZmhXJ-M.jpg

The kicker is I am probably going to give these fish away. I want to get my Rapps female to breed with my dominant male from the FishFarm order. Here is the dominant male on January 25th...

247332925_sFQDw-M.jpg

And this weekend...

256654424_GkAze-M.jpg

The pictures may not suggest it, but these fish are growing nicely as well. Not nearly as fast as the Red Devil, but quickly nonetheless. I think I may take the advice above and separate these fish pretty quick. Even in the 120g they spend most of their time in a 18" square area testing each other all day long.