What to put with

Go4Long

Alright, so after a year of living in an apartment, I've decided to get back outta here and move to a house, and in doing so I will now be able to set up some tanks again, I've found myself a 55 gallon set up that I intend to purchase, and I've decided I'm going to use a moon sand substrate with some medium to dark colored rocks, or maybe lava rock as decoration. Last time around when I was running tanks I had found some pictures of Demasoni and really wanted to try them, but between their agression levels and the stocking level of my tank at the time, I was to worried about them destroying everything else in the tank.

So my idea this time is to start with the demasoni, possibly a BIG group(for a 55 gallon) of them to try to help with spreading the agression a little bit. but after that I have no idea what to put with them, I've seen a lot of examples of people putting yellow labs with them...just wondering about some other ideas

and of course there'll be a bristlenose pleco :P

Edited by Go4Long

I have 15 demasoni fry in a 4 foot - 45 gallon and it seems fine so far. A year or so ago I had about the same in a 33 gallon with lots of rock and then they started killing each other off and got down to about 8 or so and I sold them.

I am trying again. I think you could add other fish later as you decide what to do. Most of the aggression of Demasoni seems to be with themselves.

Sometimes you never know. The buddy I got the fry from the first time around had about 5 demasoni, 5 Saulosi and 4 New World Sevrum-looking things all in a 33 gallon. In my opinion - too small a tank - bad combo of Africans - and why those New World Cichlids in there? [They were all things he started from fry and he hadn't yet sorted out what he was keeping or doing with the situation].

Nevertheless, all three species were breeding in there. I wouldn't do that. I am trying to provide the ideal environment. I am just pointing out how things are never the same and what should work sometimes doesn't and vice-versa.