Golden Saums - (false?) Green Terrors

Northranger

I was given both of these, sold to me as "Green Terrors" roughly 2 months ago when they were both 1" approx. Growing rapidly I am about to move them into their own tank.

I think from the descriptions on the net of the females being smaller, with rounded fins and body and the males having the top fin reaching the tail in a more pointed form that I have a male (approaching 6") and a female (31/2" - 4 inches).

I'll try to attach 3 pics, a 2 shot, then 1 of the larger (male?) and 1 of the smaller (female?)

I'd appreciate your opinions on whether I have a male and female here or just 1 dominant and sub-dominant male.

UPDATE

Identified here and on the Cichlid Forum as 'Aequidens' sp. "Goldsaum" Their profile page is http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=502

2008March29 - Fry for sale to forum members - posted in Livestock section.

post-3020-1201938588_thumb.jpg

post-3020-1201938651_thumb.jpg

post-3020-1201938715_thumb.jpg

Edited by Northranger

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your advice!

I separated them into their own tank as you recommended... and less than 3 weeks later...(photo will not load here...it did in the breeding forum)

Thanks to SamChicklets here is the link to a short vid of the mom & fry.

th_HalsGoldenSaumFry1.jpg

March 29/08 - 5 weeks later and the fry are 10x bigger than the movie - fast growing little buggers once they hit a month old!

Edited by Northranger