HELP Clown loach!

Golfnut

Holy man :boxed: that is one bloated clown loach. This just happened since yesterday? It wasn't getting bigger over time? what have you been feeding him? has he eaten? any other fish affected?Is he acting normal or sick? Not exactly sure how to help you. If you want a bit more species specific help you might want to try posting your pic over on the loach forum. They might now how to treat bloat in clowns.

http://aquaweb.pair.com/forums/loach/

could be the start of bloat or constipation. I would isolate the fish in a 5 or 10 gallon tank and try 1 tsp of epsom salts per 5 gal. If it is constipated one treatment should do the trick to clean it's intestinal track. You can repeat the treatment a second time if necessary but if that does not help than it is something other than constipation.

Rick

Hmm ok, thanks guys!

He eats floating pellets of some sort, but had no problems for a year.

He was much better last night, but still had some tummy.

I'll see again tonight and let you know.

Andrew

Well I treated him for 2 days in a quarantine tank with epsom salts, but there was no improvement. His belly was about 3 times his body size. I couldn't stand watching him anymore (and possible pain he may be in) so I killed him Friday night.

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

Andrew