Filter setup for my 60gallon

Edward

Hey everyone, was needing some advice on my 60 gallon. I know most will say it is over kill but I had the filter there so might as well uses it right? :smokey:

I have a FX5 and a Rena Filstar XP4.

I wanted the FX5 to be purely bio and the XP4 to be mechanical. I was thinking for the FX5 to take out all the trays and use the pot scrubbers like Jvision did. Would that be wise? Or should I leave the bottom tray in and use a polishing pad?

For the XP4 I was thinking of Carbon on bottom tray, then the 30ppm pad, then 20ppm pad and then on top tray use the micro filtration. Any ideas or suggestions?

Hey everyone, was needing some advice on my 60 gallon. I know most will say it is over kill but I had the filter there so might as well uses it right? :smokey:

I have a FX5 and a Rena Filstar XP4.

I wanted the FX5 to be purely bio and the XP4 to be mechanical. I was thinking for the FX5 to take out all the trays and use the pot scrubbers like Jvision did. Would that be wise? Or should I leave the bottom tray in and use a polishing pad?

For the XP4 I was thinking of Carbon on bottom tray, then the 30ppm pad, then 20ppm pad and then on top tray use the micro filtration. Any ideas or suggestions?

If you setup both for bio filtration, you won't need to worry about killing off the bacteria culture when you clean one of the filter.