Alternative to Burnco

Shai

According to their voicemail recording, Burnco is not open on the weekends and only until 5pm during the week. I want to buy some larger rocks for scaping purposes (similar idea to this, which later turned into this, gorgeous tank!!) but because of my work hours I won't be able to go there until the end of March. I'd prefer not to wait that long if I can.

Since I'd like to make sure I'm getting aquarium-safe rocks like granite or quartz I don't want to default to hunting around the river...what other places in Calgary could I get some cheap safe rocks from? Does Ornamental Landscapes carry rocks like what I'm after? I know they have slate, but I've never been there and it's a bit out of my way to just "stop in" to see if they do.

Help appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Shai

Alas, I don't have a small squeeze bottle. I'd be testing the rocks at home either way though. Besides, it's currently winter out there still and the river is iced up past the banks.

I am hoping to get replies from people who have actually gone to places other than Burnco so that I don't have to spend a day with my nose in the Yellow Pages cold-calling places and/or driving all over Calgary for nothing.

Blue Something (Grass??) (Yellow Pages will confirm the name) up by Airdrie used to have AWESOME rock.

None of them are exactly going to have 'late night hours' at this time of year, but the one in Airdrie may be open Saturdays, for example. Burnco may also open on Saturdays for a few hours, if the weather stays nice (been known to happen infrequently in years passed) but it was never publicly advertised... just a "call and see if someone answered the phone" type thing.

Thanks for the replies. : ) I'll check into that place in Airdrie and remember to take that bottle with me.

PM sent to fishytime too.