Post your tank shots!

RDFISHGUY

Full tank shots or even just groups of fish. Lets see them and settings used to take them in order to benefit the photography challenged.

Edited by RDFISHGUY

I know I'm not posting a photo, but a trick I've just figured out from my Dad was not to worry about being close to the tank to get a good photo. He sat across the room and took photos and then zoomed digitally... got some of the best pics of my fish I've seen! I always try close and get weird focusing. Not sure if this helps... I'm looking forward to hearing some tips here, though, thanks for starting it!

The problem I have is that my tank is 7' long and the room is only 15' wide minus the 3' the tank sticks out from the wall . Its tricky to get a 7' image when you can't go back more than 12' unless you buy a new lens and they cost more than the bloody cameras.For the macro lens I want and the remote flash and xmitter its about 1500 bones and the camera was only $800 to start with.

...and settings used to take them in order to benefit the photography challenged.

Most digital photos do include all the information from the shot: Date, Time, shutter speed, F number, flash used or not and many many other settings are all stored with the file. In your camera editing software or windows fax and picture viewer, click the properties of the picture... Find the summary tab, click advanced.

This also works on lots of the images on the web.

90gal-large1.jpg

If you go to this image on photobucket, down the bottom left corner is a show details link, which will also show the properties of the photo.

goingblue.jpg

File Size: 238 kb - 1024x768

Taken On: 2008:02:08 21:39:53

Camera Make: Canon Camera Model: Canon PowerShot S3 IS

Date/Time: 2008:02:08 21:39:53

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Flash Used: No

Focal Length: 6.0mm (35mm equivalent: 38mm)

CCD Width: 5.72mm

Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)

Aperture: f/2.7

Exposure Bias: 0.67

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: center weight

Exposure Mode: Manual

Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing