new 90g planted

finaddict

Very nice! And yes, by all means add more plants. You can never have enough plants. :thumbs:

Are you still playing with the layout? The rocks are gone in the last picture and the big piece of wood with the Anubias has moved.

yes i am still moving things around, i had this huge sword plant that would never stay rooted so i moved it to my 115g. looks much better in there.

the first picture is what it looks like right now... but who knows.... i am going to add some more, bacopa, rotala for height.

Nice! When it fills in, it's going to be spectacular.

I had to pet your adorable pleco with my mouse pointer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Is there a difference between T5 and T5 HO?

And does the Fluorite substrate have any impact on the fish?

T5HO just means they are high output, and the regular T5's don't have as much light output. Which makes HO better in comparison when using them on a planted tank. Fluorite will not affect the fish, and what it does is soaks up nutrients from the water and holds onto it, then the roots of the plants eats those nutrients. Using laterite I think is basically the same idea, but plants do much better with some form of substrate that does this. You can even use peat as a bottom layer to your gravel, but using it can get more messy.

That is such a great looking tank :) Love the plants. If you started to use CO2, all of your plants that have a red tone will turn more red than without. This happened with my tank and now that they get plenty of CO2 and the red plants are looking awesome.