Paludarium

Kioka

solomons10.jpg

solomons11.jpg

solomons12.jpg

solomons13.jpg

solomons14.jpg

Just a matter of getting the misting/sprinkler system to work with the powerhead...

Then getting pool filter sand or some substrate that isn't too heavy to carry and won't clog the powerhead, plant the java moss then place some shrimps. :D

Looking good

• 2 weeks later...

Solomon Islands was tied with a North Vietnam biotope during the first round of judging by Larry Powell, then during the second round the tie was broken by two points. The guy who designed the North Vietnam, the organizer of the event, gave up his position.

Solomon Islands on display:

PICT3098.jpg

Winner:

PICT3106.jpg

Cross-posted from ERAS and TARAS:

Well. Thanks everyone for supporting me in this project. This one is on my list of enclosures to be redone, along with 10 other ones. I originally started this project planning for at least a 24"x18". However as the project progressed, it was modified into a 36"x12". It's great for a reptile that JUST need surface area, but not so great for water features. At the time, I couldn't just say no to a free bigger enclosure. All I had at the time was an 18"x18"x18" exo-terra.

To be honest, 12" width is not much to work with, even in aquascaping. I am sure it will work for some fish and reptiles out there, but along every step of the way most of my goofs were because I didn't have enough elbow room. It was just a pain in the back to tell the truth. If I was keeping a daly log, then my fustration would been vented. However when I saw how great it looked planted, my intention to redo the aquarium disappeared... until I saw the Crocodile Skink crawling all over the cliff portion yesterday.

In this project, I have about 8"-10" width of land; I want the land to be at least 14" wide.

Edited by Kioka