Trimming plants

Lance

For the stem plants: pinch/cut them off just above a node. You can replant the tops in the gravel, just remove any extra stem below the lowest node and any leaves that will be below the gravel.

Vals can be cut off if they're too long, but the cut ends stay that way- kind of unattractive.

Lance the Corckscrew Vals only get to about a foot long and develop runners to spread out.... in my opinion are nicer then the other large vals that I have as well... that need to be cut off on the tops as they will grow very long..

I can give you some corckscrew absolutly free if you would like some...

Thanks Jerry but I think ill keep with the vals I have now I think there just wonderful spreading about on the top of the tank. But ill keep that in mind when I deside to start another tank. I was a bit shocked when I trimmed my vals I measure them and they were a total of 40 inches from root to tip, and my Ancharis ya they were 36" from root to tip. Must be doing something righ eh :). But again thanks for the offer on the Vals Jerry ill definatly keep that in mind.