Arowana finally eating pellets

RDFISHGUY

Finally after 24 days the RTG I got from DTRAN is eating pellets. I tried feeding him shrimp but he wouldn't eat all of it and it was making too much mess in the tank when the other fish ripped it apart. At first he'd mouth the pellets and spit them out but I new if he'd mouth them , he'd eventually eat them wholeheartedly. Last night he was eating them voraciously. He hasn't been fed anything other than pellets for 21 days and doesn't appear any worse for wear. I was getting a little concerned but the fishes health was never compromised. Clean water and small daily feedings were offered and if he didn't eat , it would sink to the bottom and the loaches would clean it up. I knew that they could go for some time without feeding as they are mouthbrooders so I wasn't going to hit the panic button until day 30. I'm glad my patience finally paid off. I work on the road a lot and my wife doesn't have time for a special needs fish. Now that I know he is going to make it I can plan on installing an RO unit and automatic water change system. Hopefully I can get some help with this from others on the forum.