ICH

french fries

It's been a few days and there have been no deaths and the parrot fish that was covered from head to fin is now okay he looks okay and everyone is swimming around. I'am still adding salt. Hmmmmmmmmmm........The last fish I added was two bubble gum parrot fish. Do you think they could have been the problem?

Whenever something out of the ordinary happens in your tank, it's always helpful to work backwards from the last thing that you did in the tank. Kind of like retraceing your steps when you loose your keys. That way you can zero in on what the culprit may be. Many many local fish stores do not quarentine their new livestock additions when they get them in like say Big Al's does. So quite often you get a sick fish that hasn't started to show sings of any illness. The more disinterested the employee working at the store seems, the more cautious I'd be about buying anything there. Cheap or not, sometimes its just not worth the risk.

i have always used ich treatment from the pet store. just the treatment, certain amounts per galon.

There are certain kinds of fish that just cannot handle most types of medication. Pretty much every fish can handle some salt and a temperature increase to increase their metabolisim.