Need help with my discus

firestorm

Well guys I made the move on friday night and switched the tanks. I have taken at least half the other fish out, and only some left to go where I can find room. Tonight I fed them some beefheart, and ALL of them ate. I was so happy to see this because 2 of them were not eating at all before this. It's weird cause they almost like the new tank better. They also all have their color back, I have to say those are good signs. There is no substrate left, I removed all of that....except little bits here and there of course. I kept the driftwood and a fake deco and the wysteria I had in with them. I think with more open room they feel better. When they are feeling better, do you think I could try a Satanoperca jurupari in with them? He and the 2 siamese algae eaters will be the only fish I would keep with them. He is in a spare tank all by himself, but since he was bought wc (and full grown) I need to get him into something a little larger. I surely don't want to get rid of him. What do you guys think? Thank you for all of the other advice, I think it has made them happier.

Edited by firestorm

I definitely would not put the siamese algae eaters in. If you want some algae control, try an albino or regular bristlenose pleco. If you would like one, let me know. Given the way you have set up the discus tank (ie. no substrate), I can't imagine that a satanoperca jurupari would be happy in this environment. These fish are also easily stressed if their environment is not appropriate.

Edited by Blue Ram

Thanks for the info. Right now the jurupari is in his own tank with a sand substrate, which I know is the best substrate for them. I will keep him in his tank then. I will remove the SAE as well. Sure I will take a bristlenose pleco, but I prefer the regular ones, not albino. If you have any of them how much would you want for one?