Purple crab is driving me nuts!

I bought these purple crabs just a while ago. They wont stay put! The third day I went to feed them they were not in their tank. While feeding other tanks I spotted one of them in my krib tank but found the smaller one hadn't made it to a tank. I put the larger one back in his tank and TAPED tinfoil over his tank and then put the lid back on. Only a tiny hole when the corner air filter tube was coming out, which I also taped so he couldn't tear it. Yesturday he was missing again found him in the dovii tank!! At least 5 feet away and on a seperate stand. Fished him out and resealed him in his tank. Today he was gone again!

Ok found him. He was in the Acei tank tonight. Sheesh. I had to empty all stones. wood and huts out to get him out this time. He also molted so he must have been feeding well. I have resealed him with mesh and tape this time. Lord only knows how the %^^%^ he is getting out Damed Hoodini. One of his newly sought tankmates will eventually eat him . lol :bang1:

Wow he is quite the adventurer!

Is the opening to the filter taped up?

I had a crayfish that liked to go exploring and I used coroplast(corrugated plastic cardboard stuff) to completely seal off the hood and taped it down. Worked very well and it a bit more permanent then tinfoil.

• 2 years later...