New AquaSafe RO/DI Unit

I installed my new AquaSafe RO/DI unit yesterday (worst install instructions ever by the way). Anyone else have these units? I got the Aquarium version.

Just wondering becasue I still have bubbles coming out of the thing about every 2 seconds even though its been producing water for about 15 hours so far.

I also have been adjusing the flow controler for waste water because the flow of waste seems to change every so often. Instructions say you should aim for about 3 or 4 to 1.

Does it all sound normal?

I ordered a TDS unit because I just want to check that it is doing what it is supposed to, not sure I trust it yet.

Martin

We have an aquasafe as well. You kind of have to tinker with it a bit as far as waste water and whatnot. If you are getting bubbles or something could be you have a pinhole in your line somewhere or you need more teflon tape on your screwin fittings. A TDS unit is a big plus, I use mine all the time.

We have an aquasafe as well. You kind of have to tinker with it a bit as far as waste water and whatnot. If you are getting bubbles or something could be you have a pinhole in your line somewhere or you need more teflon tape on your screwin fittings. A TDS unit is a big plus, I use mine all the time.

Hmm I didnt use any tape. It didn't leak (well after i fixed them all) so I didnt think it was necessary. Where would I get that, Home (we have no staff and will do our best to ignore and not helo you) Depot? Thats there new name heh.

Martin

Yeah, not help you depot or any hardware store has normal teflon tape. Our unit leaked like a seive so we had to use it on almost every screw-in fitting.

No I didn't do that. I never measured my wastewater. I just set it so I am getting a trickle of good water coming out. If the TDS seems to high I muck with it.

No I didn't do that. I never measured my wastewater. I just set it so I am getting a trickle of good water coming out. If the TDS seems to high I muck with it.

Yea the TDS seems to be the key. Will await its arrival in the mail. The current water it is producing I am just going to use for storage of live rock for a few weeks so it should be fine.

Thanks for the help.

Martin

I have bought the exact unit off ebay as well. The instructions are crap as far as im concerned and I still have not put mine together :chair: I didn't think it would have been such a hassle, and with the way my schedule is it might not get put together for months.

I purchased 1 about a year back... the instructions are crap .. however once you get it together it works like a charm.......... TDS monitor is the key to performance....

By the way teflon tape is not recomended ... use the compound that you can purchase in a tube on the male fittings....