new 80 gal tank what all do I need

krazy_Karma

Okay, the other day my daughter calls tells me someone just dropped off a huge tank at the local recycle place (she works there), so I rush over to pick it up the top is not in great shape, but the tank holds water :thumbs: so now I need to know what I need for a stand, and what filters should I get etc... I know I will just buy more cichlids...how lucky am I to get this huge tank for FREE!! :smokey:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I would give that tank a good cleaning scraping all the glass with a razor. After wash with vinegar.

For a stand anything that can hold the weight will work. I bought mine new from my local fish store.

Filtration should be 5 times the volume of the water in your tank(400GPH). Get a filter that is larger than you need. More filtration the better.

I went with a canister filter because it goes in the stand. I like Eheim they are excellent.

I would also get a Koralia powerhead for circulation. Water movement is key in a tank with lots of fish.

This just touches the iceberg for help.

Message me if you need anymore help I'll gladly help with anything.