questions on new tank cycle

I am setting up a new tank, however I had the filter set up in my other tank, set it up in there for the last week and a half while that tank went through its cycle, will this tank still go through a cycle but a shorter time or with the filter already situated will it skip that stage?

Its just a small 2 gal tank for birthing gups and so forth.

I will be adding a plant in there, but its small tank so cant do much just one plant and one ornment for the babies to hide in once they are born.

The tank I had this filter in is actually a two month old tank I just did an oops and it had to cycle a second time, I bought this filter somewheres around the 3 weeks ago mark but didnt put it in till the week and a half to two week ago mark, it went through the higher ammonia levels and now the regular levels, I have added some stability to the tank, and will add my goldfish later to get it going....I dont have a top for this little tank and dont really want to hook up the heater, but if I did hook up the heater would that also help speed the cycle process????

It may be a silly question, I'm sorry if it is. Are there fish in that tank? The reason I ask is , if there are no fish and you are not fishless cycling by adding ammonia, what is feeding the bacteria you've added? It's wasted time and effort to just add the bacterias if they starve and die off. Am I off? I'm hoping you do have something feeding your seedings. :D