Betta's Eye is popping out!!

robin

Hello, today when I got home I noticed my betta's eye is popped and has a 'sack' around it that looks filled with fluid!! He is in a little 10gal with 5 tetra's so I put a dose of Melafix in it. Is this common? Will he get better? What is this called??

Oddly enough, this is called Pop-eye. There is a few possible causes, including nutrition, stress, poor water quality, and infection. There are a number of other possible causes but those would be the most common.

Good Luck with your Betta!

Popeye is commonly caused by a liver infection normally brought on by some of the above mentioned factors that weaken the fishes immunity system and allows it to get sick. Also it usually fatal.

Also it usually fatal.

Oh dear......so, then the ultimate question........

If "Dragon" gives up.....then do I wait until he is dead to take him out, or what is the best for the fish? I know there will be many opinions, but I'd like some input.

Separate him from the other fish as they may pick on him in his weakened state step up the water changes, use somrthing like Mardel Maracyn and hope for the best.

• 2 weeks later...