Howdy Landlubbers

Ph11p3540

;):rolleyes:

Hello:

Glad to have found this site. I have used it for several days and have learned alot.

I currently share my apartment with a tank which I have struggled for over five years to plant.

Current tank setup:

Tank: 65 gallon (16"x22"x48")

Stand: Maple and Baltic Birch Play home made standa and canopy sitting on floor sleepers bacause I live on the third floor of an apartment.

Lighting: 3x dual tube T5 48" coralife luminare each with thier own timers.

Filtration: 1 Fluval 304 canister filter.

CO2 source: 2 Hagen fermentation units and ladder diffusers.

Substrate: Just 2" of gravel

Plants: Amazon swords, Baby tears, and three other plants that I cannot identify.

Fish: 6 Black skert tetras, two black marble angle fish, 1 chinese algea eater, two albino coridora cat fish.

Remarks: Algea is not an issue unless the lights are left on too long. Water is on the hard side (200 Kh) but will be adding reverse osmosis water as a supplement to my water change by the 10 gallon jug.

Would like to completly redo my tank as plants refuse to grow. I am blaming my substrate. Would like to know where to get Literate in NE edmonton if not I stumbled upon new aquarium store selling

artificial aquarium soil. Artifical soil has a high iron and mineral content.

Oh the new aquarium store is called Aqua Giant. It is located on 12816, 50St in NE Edmonton. The thing that stood out about this store was the selection of high end lighting and the emphisis on

natural looking gravel and decorations. You will not find kid tank deco hear.

:welcome: Welcome to Alberta Aquatica!

Good luck with the plants. If you are able, get down to the south side to Nature's Corner store. They have some beautiful aquatic plants and various fertilizers and things. They are a sponsor of this forum, just let them know you are a member.