Lights for Ballasts

FishManTy

Ok, so this is a continuation from the one that we had in the buy/sell section:

From the Rona Ballast that I bought for $15.99, I decided to buy some plant/aquarum lights from HD. They looked like this on the tank:

crappylights.jpg

(Notice the yellow on the sand in the background. The sand in the front looks fine, because there are good bulbs on the front half. So, to contrast the good bulbs that I had from before, to these new "plant/aquarium lights, look at the new picture. The one standing up is the lights I like. The one laying down is the crappy ones.)

contrast.jpg

SO I went back and for less than half the cost, I got 2 6500k for $5.96 (thats 5.96 for both!, compared to the $7 something for EACH plant/aquarium light)

This is what they look like:

6500klights.jpg

I'd like to thank Blkwolfe for pointing me in the direction of the better lights. :)

To really see how nice they look, you'd have to see em in person. Its hard to capture them with a digi-camera.

I wish I took more pictures of the crappy plant/aquarium bulbs before I returned them

In short!, I hate those damn Aquarium/plant bulbs! WASTE OF MONEY, IMO

Thats a 150gallon (5'x2'x2'). Gots lots of fishies in there. Red flush breeding group, 8 F1 tropheops, 6 red fin borleyi, 6 yellow tail acei, 5 elongtas mpanga, 9 electric yellows, 1 male taiwan reef, 4 red emp females... Im forgetting something... owell, yeah. Lots of nice fishies. in the picture of the crappy lights, at the top, you can see my overly colorful elongtas mpanga. He's hot.

Gotta add. Since I've added more bright lights, my fish look twice as good!

Mmm

nice fishies

Edited by FishManTy