G.E. Aquaray Bulbs

punman

The only place on the net that seems to show them is Drs. Foster & Smith (maybe sold as a proprietary brand?) Looks like there's a 4400K freshwater bulb, a 9325K fresh/saltwater bulb, and a 10000K saltwater bulb.

I have used a GE 9325K compact fluorescent bulb that was sold under the All-Glass brand once upon a time. They look pretty good- red colors really pop with them and they have a nice output spectrum for plant growth. The used to be one of the favorite planted tank bulbs until All-Glass discontinued them.

They are still available through GE: F55BX/AR/FS. You can find these through some commercial lighting suppliers. I tried getting some of these several years back but nobody stocked them (pkg of 6) and I would have had to order the case of 25 ($$$$$$).

GE also shows several T8 and T12 "aquarium" bulbs in 4100K and 9325K here. Possibly the same as the Aqua Rays without the brand name? These come in a 6 pack so they might be easier to special order if you have to.

Maybe give Brite-Lite a call- they're a GE dealer.