whiteheads on a gold severum??

annemarie

I have a 5" gold severum that has developed what looks like whiteheads on his face, and around his eye, he appears otherwise healthy. I have investigated and keep coming up with lymphocystis as a diagnosis, but I have not added any new fish to my tank for at least 8 months, the water parameters are all stable and normal, no spikes anywhere. I don't feed live food, just the occasional thawed shrimp,(human consumption grade) and a varied flake and pellet diet. I do water changes of 25% weekly with a deep vacuuming, (105 g tank). Other fish in the tank are breeding, the parrots lay their non fertile eggs and the mouth breeders keep spitting out their babies, so it appears a healthy tank. What I require is a treatment for my beautiful fish, his partner would be lost without him/her. Please help, I am greatly concerned, Thank you

I've had this happen before.

Quarantine the fish, treat for 7-10 days with Metronidazole, and 80 degree heat.

I had this one some Discus I bought once and it cured it.

It also happened whilst I was taking care of a friends Midas, and I used this treatment again and it helped greatly.

Also feed NLS Thera pellets, it helps with their immune system.

ALSO, make sure the water is 100%. This is cruciual with healing all fish.

Feeding Mysis also helps to, but keep in mind it dirties the water.

I've had this happen before.

Quarantine the fish, treat for 7-10 days with Metronidazole, and 80 degree heat.

I had this one some Discus I bought once and it cured it.

It also happened whilst I was taking care of a friends Midas, and I used this treatment again and it helped greatly.

Also feed NLS Thera pellets, it helps with their immune system.

ALSO, make sure the water is 100%. This is cruciual with healing all fish.

Feeding Mysis also helps to, but keep in mind it dirties the water.

Thank you both, so much for your answers, I will let you know in 7-10 days how it went.