Boesemani rainbows trying to breed

firestorm

I was watching my fish this morning, and I noticed one of my male boesemani's doing the dance around the 2 females I have. Unfortunately they were ignoring him for the most part. It is very exciting to see since I only got the females about 3 weeks ago :) It is really neat to watch the males because they get a gorgeous stripe along their head and nose when wanting to breed. I noticed too that the male became quite aggressive towards other fish, almost like a cichlid would lol. If they do breed, should I remove the eggs asap so they don't get eaten?

I was watching my fish this morning, and I noticed one of my male boesemani's doing the dance around the 2 females I have. Unfortunately they were ignoring him for the most part. It is very exciting to see since I only got the females about 3 weeks ago :) It is really neat to watch the males because they get a gorgeous stripe along their head and nose when wanting to breed. I noticed too that the male became quite aggressive towards other fish, almost like a cichlid would lol. If they do breed, should I remove the eggs asap so they don't get eaten?

Yes!

There is also hybridization if there are other Melanoteania species in the tank.

I have had success with hanging a homemade mop in the tank 4 day's in a row, removing the mop and hatching them in 5 galllon or smaller at 25-28 C in about 8-10 day's

John