Why are my guppies always dying

chrismas

Guplers/Endies anyone?

Anyways i had about 4 guppies left, and they all died in the other night for some reason. I didn't add anything new too the tank, and the rest of the fish were fine, in fact the angels are displaying breeding behaviors, and the gourami is bubblenesting ... soo iunno.

• 3 months later...
I think it's all the inbreeding with guppies as to why they die so easily. Too bad we can't get some wild caught guppies from somewhere and produce them from fresh strains :)

I keep guppy's and they don't die off they usually die from stress due to Breeding. Never buy guppy's from a pet store there guppy's have been breed over and over and over and over so the common guppy you buy from a pet store has very poor quality Unlike wild guppies. A good place to buy guppy's is From this website Best guppy's you get them cheap but you get a mass order of them you you need to get rid of some or do an order and share them with someone else on the forum. I found that if I buy guppy's online I get a good 1-3 years out of them but if I get store bought guppy's they only last 6 months. :)

Edited by Newbettabreeder

i have lots of guppies, endler's, pingu's, swamp guppies, and a mixture of other fancy guppies mixed through out most of my tanks with angel fish and female betta's these are probably the most aggressive to the guppies. i have not added salt for 6 months or more since i ran out. i have lots of babies in all of the tanks except where the betta's and angel fish are. they eat the fry. i will even admit that a couple of the tanks are over crowded from them breeding and as a result i am sure that the water quality is low in that tank. i do weekly 30-50% water changes and they are heavily planted tanks.

i think guppies are very easy fish to take care of. when buying fish from pet stores you just have to check carefully that the fish are healthy and the other fish in that tank are also healthy. i think that the live plants are really helpful to their health as well.

as for why your fish are dying, sometimes it is hard to tell. over crowding causing stress. or tank mates causing stress. also parasites.

I have never had much luck with guppies either, yet I can keep more difficult fish alive, go figure. I recently lost both of my females who knows how, and the water quality has always been good, no signs of disease. I am definitely not one to help you with guppies, but I am in the same boat as you.

join the club i had 3 both my males died then my female started to chew up my silver doller's