critters and fuzz

boomerbob

(1) In my 72 gal freshwater tank I have had for a long time what looks like small [ LESS THAN 1/2 INCH LONG ] white or almost clear worms. they seem to be

no harm to any of the fish in tank but there seems to be several hundred of them swimming around and collecting on the glass top , if you put your finger near them

on the glass they move away from you , they look like small white hairs anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them [ they make the water look hazy.

(2) In my 150 gal salt water tank I have 2 problems , bubble algea ( starting to spread ) and there seems to be some kind of what looks like white cotten fuzz like

stuff growing on my live rock ????????????? , best help for bubble algea and what the heck is the other stuff , good or bad .

(1) I think I had something similar to your worms except in a WAY smaller amount(I only spotted <10). I posted a thread about it a while back http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=18862&hl=

Mine were tiny white threads and swam all squiggly(tail whipped back and forth). The stayed at the surface unless the surface was disturbed. I only ever saw them when the water was being disrupted because of feeding time.

What kind of fish are in the tank? People told me that most fish should eat them, although my africans didn't.

I would reduce your feedings, increase your water changes and try to suck out as many as you can.

(1) I think I had something similar to your worms except in a WAY smaller amount(I only spotted <10). I posted a thread about it a while back http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=18862&hl=

Mine were tiny white threads and swam all squiggly(tail whipped back and forth). The stayed at the surface unless the surface was disturbed. I only ever saw them when the water was being disrupted because of feeding time.

What kind of fish are in the tank? People told me that most fish should eat them, although my africans didn't.

I would reduce your feedings, increase your water changes and try to suck out as many as you can.

Thats what i had in this tank, africans ,now im turning it into a planted tank with tetras and such . they looked just like you discribed

we have well water not city water . Iv tried to clean,suck,wipe and med the tank with aquarisol but nothing seems to get rid of it .

they dont seem to hurt anything , they just look bad .

Cyano doesn't usually look fuzzy..... Does it come off easily when you scrape it? If not, maybe it is just sponge growing. Try putting this question up on canreef, there is a wider base of knowledge for sw stuff there. Also, try looking at the hitch hiker info. they have posted and see if there is anything that looks like what you have. Melevsreef also has a good hitchiker page.