Question about flying with the fish into Canada

interlude

Okay, just got back from the CAOAC show and there was deals galore at the auction. What's a fishclubgirl to do but buy them all? Only problem is it was in Ontario. We repacked them and added bag buddies and used breather bags on any fish we could. So I got back with 2 thermal lunch boxes full of fish as well as some plants and so far one casualty and one more wild guppy. Considering I brought around 40 fish back, not too bad!!

My fish were off the plane quicker than I was!! The staff were excellent at the counter, asking for instructions, etc. Would highly recommend using United for this. I didn't even have to cry!!!

\

Damn.. im using Delta. So as long as a lfs packs the box im good to go? and dont have live fish stamped on it?

Last time I checked for Air Canada, they said I was fine to bring fish on the plane. I called their hotline to double check. I guess rules have changed though and it would vary from airline to airline, and as others said, better call to be safe.