How do these guys breed

firestorm

I have a clients tank that has various fish. I don`t really know the names of salt water fish very well. I know that there is a pair of orange guys that have the white vertical band going around their body, they actually layed eggs and were fanning them, but very shy little buggers. Anyhow, there are also a bunch of those pyjama cories, or whatever they`re called, and one of them literally looked like it was holding. Are these guys mouth brooders by any chance?

Edited by firestorm

Rearing either requires dedicated grow-out tanks and live, cultured foods. It's pretty labour-intensive.

However, both Clowns and cardinals are relatively easy to breed, as SW fish go...

Yeah, I figured the chances of survival were slim. I know my boss was talking about how he does it when he breeds his ocellaris clowns. But none of it matters anymore. Got an emergency phone call this morning, all the fish in that tank were dead and rotting away. Unfortunately it is in a dental office, and they were closed fri, sat, and sun, so the fish had been decaying for at least a couple of days. Not entirely sure what happened, everything was running when I got there this morning. We are thinking maybe they had a power outtage one evening, which could have caused this. pH was 8.3, temp was 80.1, specific gravity was 23.0, and there was no point in even trying to test ammonia or nitrite levels since the fish rotting probably caused them to sky rocket. I was just there last wednesday and serviced it. :(