Ctenopoma acutirostre

darkangel

I picked up 3 of these critters that were labeled leopard pike, But the guy at the fish store was not sure if that was what they were. I looked them up and found out they are Ctenopoma acutirostre (spotted climbing perch). Just wondering if anyone knows or has anymore info than what's on the google site.

They're definately oddballs. I picked them up at the LFS here in Morinville, The guy had no idea what they were they just came in with his last order as a bonus. He had them labeled leopard pike, (cheap too). It was kind of like a rescue, He had them in a 40gal tank with 3 JDs, 4 severums, 2 parrots, 6 or 8 mixed africans, and a nasty flowerhorn.

All I know now is tank, ph, feeding, tankmates, nocturnal hunters, and that they belong to the anabantid family.

They're definately oddballs. I picked them up at the LFS here in Morinville, The guy had no idea what they were they just came in with his last order as a bonus. He had them labeled leopard pike, (cheap too). It was kind of like a rescue, He had them in a 40gal tank with 3 JDs, 4 severums, 2 parrots, 6 or 8 mixed africans, and a nasty flowerhorn.

All I know now is tank, ph, feeding, tankmates, nocturnal hunters, and that they belong to the anabantid family.

I didn't even know morinville had an LFS...hahaha

What size do they get to, do you know?

what do they like to eat?

The pet store has been here for about 2 years, They never really have much but it pays off once in a while to drop in.

I do know they can reach a length of 6" but are slow growers, I have them eating NLS pellets/frozen bloodworms/tubifex, and the odd unwanted fry. (mostly guppies, mollies, swords, and yellow labs, they breed like rabbits anyway).

I will trade you some hybrid electric yellow's for the yellows that are purbred as food... I would keep the purebred in my tank, but the hybrid, my daughter would not let her spit in the tank, so now I have these stupid hybrids to get rid of. they are saulosi/electric yellow (white belly morph) mix 50/50.

I don't have any yellow labs left right now, The only reason I did'nt keep them is the dad is f2 and mom is f1. As soon as I get rid of the 2 f2's that I have I will be keeping some of the fry. Any of the fish I feed these guys can't be larger than 1/2-3/4" as they are only about 1.5" now. Even at 3/4" the fry last in the tank for a while, If these guys don't get them the African butterflies get them when they go to the top of the tank.

I don't have any yellow labs left right now, The only reason I did'nt keep them is the dad is f2 and mom is f1. As soon as I get rid of the 2 f2's that I have I will be keeping some of the fry. Any of the fish I feed these guys can't be larger than 1/2-3/4" as they are only about 1.5" now. Even at 3/4" the fry last in the tank for a while, If these guys don't get them the African butterflies get them when they go to the top of the tank.

The one's I have are not very big, they were just spit on Sunday...so you could call them newborns...lmao

Redwater is not to far from Morinville, Maybe I can buy some of them off of you. It won't be till next week tho, This week is booked pretty tight. How much do you want for them.

Oh poop you can just have them... when ever is fine too... I know the family day weekend, the kids have soccer on Saturday, but I am free Sunday and Monday...

Forgot to mention they are fed NLS, so was mom and dad...

Lana

Edited by Lana Bollers