HELP!! What kind of Eggs are these????

krazy_Karma

Well the first snails I got purposely were trumpet snails I believe then I bought some planets and they came with baggage...and I have no idea what kind of snail they are, they look more like the type you see in the sloughs...LOL

Well Im not waiting for them to hatch I will go in and scrap them all off all the leaves, oh and yes these are under water, very close to the bottom of the tank, and are on the larger leaves...I put loads of plants in this tank so my guppies could mass reproduce...haha

Lisa

Those are snail eggs. Tetra eggs would be much smaller and scattered.

My giant pond snails lay eggs that, some other pouch/pond snails also lay the eggs in a "sausage roll".

Use a clean glass and an algae wafer in it, check it every hour or so to catch the culprit.

I actually like my snail clean up crew.

From my guess they would be ramshorn snail eggs. From what I have seen in my pond snails, the egg clumps tend to be an oval shaped gelatin with a bunch of eggs inside, the ones you have are more of individual eggs sort of scattered. And I know for a fact they cannot be apple snail eggs because apple snails will lay their eggs at the water surface. Of course not trumpets either because as Werner has said, they are livebearers.

If they happen to be ramshorns, you will want to try and get rid of them. They will devour live plants, even things like sponge filters. So when you see some babies, pick them out and throw them in with your african cichlids, I'm sure they will love the tasty treat :D

The eggs are in a gel oval "sack" I have gone in and removed all the eggs off one of the plants, and while I was at it I removed about 30 snails...This tank started out with just four snails....about 3 months ago...so its reproduction is crazy... I really dont know anything about snails...I would guess the hitch hiker I have is the smaller type of the ramshorn as they are not very big at all.