fiber glass tank

rED O

I am going to make a plywood tank as some of you know already. I want to use fiberglass resin or some fiber glass product for coat the tank rather then pond liner. My question is dose anyone know of a place were I could get this done? I was looking at topline fiber glass but I believe they are out of business. If any one has some tips were I could get this done please let me know.

Thanks

You want a spray type fiberglass? Because the other way is quite easy. I have built some stuff with it and its quite easy. i use the same material as jogging pants (fleece) fabric shop, and coat it with resin. hard as a rock and really strong.

You could try a body shop supplier, Buy the fiberglass fabric off of a bulk roll and some resin. The resin is a bit pricey, The last time I bought some it was about $45.00 per gal. 2 gal of resin if layed up right with 3 layers of fabric will rebuild the @$$ end of a corvette and you will almost be able to take it out on the road safely.

thanks for the tips. I would like fiberglass but I don't have tones of cash :P I will shop around and I might have to go with pond liner. I will see what I can come up with.

If theres an Industrial paint and plastics store in Edmonton that would be the place to go. I used epoxy resin on a large vivarium to make the bottom water proof and worked perfect, i know a guy who used similer stuff on a 300g plywood tank and had it for years.

thanks for the tips. I would like fiberglass but I don't have tones of cash :P I will shop around and I might have to go with pond liner. I will see what I can come up with.

If theres an Industrial paint and plastics store in Edmonton that would be the place to go. I used epoxy resin on a large vivarium to make the bottom water proof and worked perfect, i know a guy who used similer stuff on a 300g plywood tank and had it for years.

buy any chanse are they called viking plastics?

We have a store in calgary called "industrial paint and plastics" http://www.ippnet.com/

Industrial Plastics & Paints - 780-465-6764

6628 50 Street NW , Edmonton , AB T6B 2N7

heres yours.

Edited by Tarolisol

We have a store in calgary called "industrial paint and plastics" http://www.ippnet.com/

Industrial Plastics & Paints - 780-465-6764

6628 50 Street NW , Edmonton , AB T6B 2N7

heres yours.

thank you