Look what I caught!

Crystal

Look what I caught!

Foxlyingdown1.jpg

Foxlyingdown3.jpg

Foxlyingdown4.jpg

Not at all scared... I caught numerous cats trying to get this guy and every one of them freaked out more with me approaching at 15 feet than when I dropped some extra smelts into the cage for him to eat while he waited for Fish and Wildlife. Never once growled, bared teeth, etc.

Foxinprison.jpg

Foxnowshieldedformwind1.jpg

Eating some ham the neighbor had... *he is chewing, not growling/snarling...*

Foxchewing.jpg

Foxchewing1.jpg

The reason I requested a trap in the first place...

Blazeandfox.jpg

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/c...oxandSaber2.jpg (direct link due to size - I liked it too much to down size it...)

FoxandSaber.jpg

Why he is scared of Saber I have no idea... He licked his chops when he saw Blaze though...

Murphy's Law states that after 2 weeks of trying to catch the fox, I finally catch it the day all the F&W officers are in the city for a course until 4:30...

More pictures can be found here, I may add more in a day or two.

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/c_scherer123/Fox/

:thumbs: Pretty cool photo's... I live out in the countryside and see Fox's playing with Cats all the time... its the Coyotes I am more concerned with the cats actually enjoyed the fox's company.. no the cats did not become lunch!! Seen them there for weeks playing together lol

Well, this fox has already eaten one of my cats last fall :cry: , and took 9 others from the next block that I know of... I don't want to loose these two 7 month old kittens...

I borrowed the traps from Fish & wildlife, they will come and take him out of town and release him far from the people. There is lots of bush out there, he doesn't need to be so close to people.

I think he's cute too, but a couple years ago a rabid fox bit someone. He just seems too friendly for his own good, not to mention the traffic around here (I am in town). Safer for him and for people if he is in the bush. I don't mind the deer/moose that pass through my yard every night. I keep a close eye on the black bear that wanders through once or twice year, but he doesn't hang around so I don't mind.

I live in a small town, full of hills so there are numerous pockets of bush for animals to live in. I have caught grouse, squirrels, rabbits, etc and simply walked them 5 min to the closest piece of bush. I don't want them to get hit by a car...

In fact, there are a group of three deer downtown that walk on the sidewalks and wait at the corner for the "walk" light to appear and then cross the street. :D

That is sweet. I've been trying to catch one for a couple years now. I want one for a pet ha ha and yes I know you're not allowed

I used those slimy, smelly smelts from the bait fish store, along with some ham. Be prepared to catch every cat in the area at least once :D !

One person said the best recipe is to put 2 eggs (without shells...), some chicken/turkey organs (heart,liver, etc), the innards of 4-5+ field mice, (if you can get it - muskrat fat/innards) mix it all up roughly, and place it in a canning jar with the lid on lightly in a warm, sunny location for 3-4 weeks. Spread it on the grass/object to lure a fox in. Smells to high heaven I'm sure - Have fun :o !

As for pet - the neighbors would have your hide when your 'pet' eats their cats! If you do live in deep country where you can keep them, then get young cubs to rear, or like barn cats, they never quite tame down.

Edited by Crystal

I wish i had a Fox to feed my nieghbourhood cats too...

sorry they keep digging under my deck and doing their business

Cayenne pepper!!!

We put it in our flower bed, because they sniff before they dig, every few days you will hear a loud pain-filled yowl at night of some poor kitty. Jolts you awake with heart thudding - till you start laughing... :rofl:

We live in a cat filled neighbor hood... I have two, and every neighbor , except one, has 1-3 cats, and all are semi-outdoor cats.