10g Planted with 5g sump

SilverSurfer

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and haven't introduced myself.

so here is the intro as well as some questions for a new project.

My name is Adam, and I live in Calgary.

I have a 90g Community tank and a 20g empty at the moment tank (it will become a community tank as well). The 20g is empty at the moment because the fish got big, so in the 90 the went.

So I have a 10g and a 5 galling just sitting around, I had the idea to drill the 10g for overflow and use the 5g for the wet/dry filter/sump. What size overflow should I drill? would 3/4 be enough

I guess I am just looking for ideas. Is this a good idea or would the 5 gallon be a bit small.

also I want to use a DIY co2 system, that should be enough for a heavily planted 10g shouldn't it? if so could I put the bubble counter in the sump, or does that need to be placed in the tank with the plants for best results.

I assume that an elite mini would be sufficient because of the filtration from all the plants?

Exactly. As a bonus, it doesn't agitate the surface like a HOB filter will, thus helping your CO2 levels. You can also run your CO2 tubing into the filter itself and use it to disperse the bubbles.