co2 in edmonton

sanct

Hi im looking for a nice Co2 system for a 75 galon tank. I am curious where to find one in Edmonton fairly cheap. I have heard i can use the same regulators they use at the bars for beer gas and theyre about half the price of the ones i see online for sale at the aquarium places. Anyways If anyone can let me know where i can get everything i will need to get it going it would be appreciated.

Another quesiton i have what is the best way to put the co2 into the tank? the ladder or the glass ADA type diffuser? Or is there another highly reccomended difssuer?!

there is a regulator here for 40 dollars is this fine?

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/r...regulator.shtml

i realise i still need needle valve and tank and diffuser

Edited by sanct

For diffusing it, and going pressurized, and a canister filter, an inline CO2 diffusor works best.

Here's a common one:

http://www.rexgrigg.com/diy-reactor.htm

Also the regulators from him are excellent.

If that won't cut it for you another common option is the milwaukee regulator, which isn't the greatest, i have one myself but haven't gotten around to play with it yet due to not having found a CO2 Cylinder.

http://www.petsandponds.com/en/aquarium-su.../p17160403.html

As for cylinders, i've looked around , and seems like prices have gone up.

I was asked for $125 for a 5lb cylinder filled @ OxyPro , and $175 for a 10lb cylinder filled .

Also natures price for the 10lb as quoted was aorund $180-190, but these are the lighter, prettier aluminum ones.

Unless i can find a 5lb cylinder for lesser or equal to than $100 filled, i won't be biting the bullet myself.

Good luck wit hthe search.

yesterday I went into Oxypro on the southside

140 for C02 at Oxypro I got quoted for a 10lb.

19$ refills

thay doesnt sound so bad a 10 pound tank would last me a long time for a 75 gallon.

That miluakee package doesnt sound too bad 120 for everything sans the diffuser and tank..

still tho if i use a beer gas double guage regulator is that fine?????/ like the one in my link abve?

yesterday I went into Oxypro on the southside

140 for C02 at Oxypro I got quoted for a 10lb.

19$ refills

Plus a $3 something enviro fee each time you fill up.

I bought a regulator at a welding supply shop. Less than $100. Came with in a built in needle valve for the fine tuning. Only other thing I would add is a bubble counter... I think it was Alberta Welding Supply???

Edited by Drydock