night time guest

Crystal

This isn't the first time this has happened...

You are fast asleep and suddenly hear clunk, clunk, clunk at your window.

It is the deer digging in the snow covered flowerbed with their hooves hitting the window. At 3:00am...

Here are her back legs

deer.jpg

Here is her head

deer2.jpg

deer3.jpg

There is about 1 foot between my camera and her head... and you can hear the dried flowers she is eating scraping against the window.

Sorry for the glare, I have that plastic to prevent drafts on my window and it reflects the camera flash.

Edited by Crystal

Neat! The flash didn't scare her off?

There are many automatic outside lights in our neighborhood, they have gotten used to them.

The first flash in the face she ignored. The second one spooked her, within 2 seconds she was a good 150 meters away. I think the second flash reflected off the plastic and lit up my face and she saw me. I just had to be aware of where her hind legs were - they tend to kick backwards when they first leap away and I rather liked my window in one piece. ;)

I wish I could have gotten a picture of the Huge buck a few nights ago. He was a big boy and had 5 points on each antler. As he was digging you heard clunk Thunk, clunk Thunk - the clunk was his hooves hitting my window, the Thunk was his antlers hitting the window. I seriously thought his antlers were going to break the window.