sword leaves turning white

firestorm

I have noticed as my amazon sword is growing, that many of the leaves are turning white. The only thing I can possibly find about this is it may be a calcium deficiency. Is this the possible cause for this? If so, how can I supplement my plants to get more calcium? I would have thought in our harder water calcium deficiency would not be an issue. Please let me know, thanks

It almost looks like a silky white color on some of the leaves on the top side, the actual leaves are not turning white, so it could be kinda like a film on top.

Connie, I am using a fine gravel with some seachem fluorite mixed in with it. My plan is to possibly get another bag of fluorite and mix more of it in the gravel.

It almost looks like a silky white color on some of the leaves on the top side, the actual leaves are not turning white, so it could be kinda like a film on top.

Are you adding CO2? It could be biogenic decalcification. In the absence of sufficient CO2, some plants can use bicarbonate for their carbon source. A thin film of calcium carbonate is deposited on the leaves.