Got another mystery crustacean

yeah i have them. first saw them last night. scared the *#&^% out of me i thought they were isopods. so i asked on canreef if any one knew what looked like small sand fleas and was told that they were amphopods. that they were a good thing as they come out and clean up the excess at night. hope this help you out if not try posting your pics and question on canreef for a better awnser

have a good one

Justin

I'm with albert...a tiny mantis shrimp (MS). Judging by the claw shape, it looks to be a smashing type. Pull it out before it becomes a problem in the future.

You might want to keep it as it's a color morph that you don't see too often. I used to have a collection of lime greens, blues and reds. Fascinating creatures and addictive when you get the MS bug.

Wilson

I see what you mean about the inset eyes below the antennae, as well as the lower legs splaying out. The coloration and overall bodyshape, especially the foreclaw and tail is very much stomatopodish. Hmmm...now I'm really not 100% either way.

Catch and grow it MR...LOL