snails in the mail

Hey guys,

Am debating getting in some snails but they would be in the mail over a week. They will be in a sponge with water. Has anybody else had experience with shipping snails? Please let me know.

Thanks!!!!

No experience in shipping, but I found snails shipped to me didn't have a high survival rate once past 4-5 days. Maybe better shippers would have a higher survival rate.

Werner, as for spixis, I have about 5-6 to spare. But distance is a problem - don't suppose your coming to the Edmonton Home and garden show on Saturday by chance? ;)

Werner, as for spixis, I have about 5-6 to spare. But distance is a problem - don't suppose your coming to the Edmonton Home and garden show on Saturday by chance? ;)

Nope, 'fraid not. Don't suppose you're coming down for the CAS auction next weekend? :hey:

I don't really need any. Just had some once and thought they'd be neat to have again. Thegrandpoobah has given me a source for some too (thanks!)

Nope, 'fraid not. Don't suppose you're coming down for the CAS auction next weekend? :hey:

I don't really need any. Just had some once and thought they'd be neat to have again. Thegrandpoobah has given me a source for some too (thanks!)

Nope, I don't get to go too far. Wish I was going, the Edmonton Auction was fun. If you ever come to Edmonton some weekend just let me know, I can probably meet you somewhere.

If they are shipping the egg clutches I am sure they would be fine for a week, but snails themselves would still need oxygen so without something like a breathable bag, I wouldn't trust them being alive after that long. Have you asked how they will package them?