Red Deer Aquarium Club

sharuq1

Sharuq, if you go to CAOAC's website, there's a guide to operating a successful aquarium society. Hope this can help you out!!
Thanks, I gave the link to Jim. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This month's topic is how to set up a saltwater fish tank. A demo will take place on how to measure salinity, use test kits and a handout will be available for your information. This is a beginner's type thing.

The next meeting for Red Deer's newest fish club is coming up on the first Sunday of June at 7pm at my place in Rosedale. Members can throw their name in a hat for a draw that will take place several months down the road for a marine nano tank! With every meeting you attend you can put your name into the draw. Membership is free, just fill out a form or e-mail Jim Sayers (below).

Accepting donations of livestock (coral or something extremely small), and equipment for the 5gal nano with many thanks. At the moment we need a really small heater and a light of 18-25watts (10k-20k). Anything unused may be used in subsequent draws or to simply help out other members. We may do a freshwater version in the future if we can get enough donations. (Since this was my idea we're doing salt, lol. :P )

Meetings will be held the first Sunday of every month. Everyone is welcome to come. The group is informal in structure as of yet, just aquatic lovers getting together to talk abut anything aquatic and what we'd like to see happen for this club in the future. We apologize ahead of time if we get off track :rolleyes: (You can always bring a stick to poke us with.)

For more information please contact Jim Sayers at 403-314-0589 or jsayers@shaw.ca

I'd prefer not to post my address on the net, so just ask Jim where we are or pm me.

Edited by sharuq1