Potamonatus sp. Malawi Blue crab

bigb1112

The fish would probably be fine with the crab most of the time, but when it sheds they might rip it to pieces if it doesn't have suitable hiding spots, caves etc. The pleco might end up food for the crab.

The website you mentioned has them listed as possible stock, but not in stock at this time. When I was working for Stuart Grant we shipped some crabs out, but not all that many. To the best of my knowledge there's not many people who've kept them for extended periods of time, and they do need some land to crawl out onto every once in a while as well, so aren't really suited to most aquarium setups because of this. A cool tankmate, but not really practical.

I highly doubt you'll find them in any Calgary store ever; they're a specialty item, and I don't even remember shipping any of them to Old World (the main supplier of wild caught Africans to Calgary pet stores). They were something that the smaller specialty importers (like the old CRLCA) used to like due to their uniqueness.